As the General Manager of The ONE Legian could you share some distinctive features of the property that makes your brand stand out from the others?
– Transformed from 3 stars premium hotel, The 1O1 Bali Legian, into 4 stars brand, The ONE Legian presents Urban Modern concept with its One Stop Legian Experience. Our fantastic location is in the heart of the “happening area” at Legian and we are the largest hotel at Legian area with 301rooms.
– We have SKY POOL PARTY with the best urban music from our Residence DJ or simply plunge in our Sky Pool while enjoying the view of Kuta milieu from the third floor of The ONE Legian where our Sky Pool is located. And the last but not least The DECK is the hottest new place to hang out in Legian facing the “happening” Legian Street. Urban Street Food Restaurant in our modern 4-star hotel in Legian, Bali.
What is the most memorable achievement in your career at hospitality industry?
– I have experienced working in the hospitality world so far, but the most interesting and convincing thing for me is to be able to see my former partner or employees grow successfully somewhere else. I am proud to them and somehow to myself to be able stand there and help them to build a career. That is the way to remember and to be loved.
How do you compete with many competitors in the hospitality industry?
– Incorporate a unique personality with our unique selling point.
– Focus on quality; it bodes well for a brand to focus on implementing just a few things extraordinarily. As is true in many cases, it pays off to focus on quality over quantity.
Offer something distinctive and do the differentiation market.
– The hospitality marketplace may always be filled with competition. By showcasing a fun personality, honing in on quality, and presenting cool benefits to lodging at your hotel, you’ll always have a competitive edge.
How would you define ‘leadership’ and what do you think is the most important quality to have to be one?
– Great leaders find the balance between business foresight, performance, and character. They have vision, courage, integrity, humility and focus along with the ability to plan strategically and catalyse cooperation amongst their team.
If you could pick one place anywhere in the world to be your dream destination, where would it be?
– Japan because travelling to Japan is a chance to visit a country that is most steeped in tradition and culture of their own country – deeply proud and very generous people. It is a challenge and a massive reward holidaying here.
What do you do for fun during your day off?
– Spending my time with my family. Quality family time creates a balance in one’s life. You will always know that if you ever need something, your family will always be there for you. With all of the craziness in your life, your family will continue to be the foundation that you can always lean on for support.
What book has influenced you the most?
– Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki. This book has laid down four quadrants of workers, namely the employees, the self-employed, the business owners, and the investors. He further says that in most cases, the employees are the workers who work very hard, give their best, but make money for their owners. The self-employed are the ones who work very hard, make profit for their own, but also have to do the formalities of paperwork, taxes, and the like. So, in most cases, he will discontinue the work somewhere down the line. The business owner also runs his own business, but hires a manager to do the work for him. He is in a better position. The investors are the ones who earn money with money. They invest a sum of money in a particular business, and the profit earned is several times the investment. In a nutshell, Kiyosaki concluded that the worst positions are those of the employee and the self-employed. Time and freedom are best enjoyed by the remaining two types of workers.
– These influence and motivate me to be able to manage time, balancing life and not loosing yourself to pursue someone else dreams. Change mind-set to entrepreneur so your decision will go way efficient and effective without sacrifice your own life.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
– I want to be an entrepreneur and have a business in the hospitality industry and to be able to continue to learn and innovate continuously so that the business that I have initiated can continue to grow following the times and market will