Putting sustainability to the forefront, The Apurva Kempinski Bali is thrilled to announce the launch of its new sustainable menu, “Locaflair”, featuring an array of fresh ingredients sourced directly from its very own hydroponic garden. This ground-breaking culinary initiative reaffirms the resort’s dedication to sustainability and showcases its unwavering commitment to providing guests with unique dining experiences that are not only flavourful but also environmentally responsible.
Key highlights of Koral Restaurant’s Locaflair menu include:
- Garden-to-Table Delights: each course celebrates the flavours of the season by incorporating hand-picked ingredients from its own hydroponic garden.
- Culinary Creativity: Koral’s talented chefs harness the bounty of locally-sourced products and freshly-picked ingredients to craft innovative and delectable dishes. The menu is carefully curated to showcase the natural flavours and textures of the garden-fresh ingredients, ensuring a dining experience that is both exquisite and environmentally conscious.
- Locally Sourced Ingredients: The resort has forged strong partnerships with local farmers, fishermen and artisans to procure the highest quality ingredients for this newly-launched sustainable menu. By sourcing ingredients from local suppliers, the resort directly supports local economies, reduces transport emissions and ensures the freshest and most flavourful products for its guests.
- Sustainable Seafood Selection: The resort has meticulously curated a selection of sustainable seafood dishes. By partnering with certified suppliers who are committed to sustainable fishing practices, The Apurva Kempinski Bali ensures that guests can enjoy seafood delicacies without compromising environmental integrity.
- Food Waste Management: A range of waste reduction strategies, including precise portion control, and applying creative techniques to repurpose and utilise all parts of the ingredients are in place. In addition, this award-winning resort has implemented a comprehensive composting and recycling programme. Through effective separation and composting processes, the resort’s team divert organic waste, allowing it to be transformed into nutrient-rich compost for its hydroponic garden use.